How to Grow Your Training Business
Are you an experienced trainer in the field of personal development, coaching or soft skills? RenewYou is our tried and tested, one day, international personal development programme for women. A few years ago, in response to many requests, we decided to licence it to other trainers and to businesses who wanted their own in house trainers. Women who shared my passion for empowering and building confidence in other women, and in creating a more gender equal society. Do read on to find out how you can add a valuable course to your repertoire, as well as receiving unparalleled support and advice tailored to what you need.
How RenewYou will help you grow your training business.
As well a being passionate about women’s personal development and helping women grow and thrive, you’re also running a business. I understand that. I am, too. We’re lucky that our business and our values synchronise so perfectly. However, that doesn’t mean that we can forget about making our businesses work!. I am particularly lucky in that offering RenewYou to the trainers and coaches means that I can also help you grow and develop and spread the word, if you need that.
Below are some of the reasons why RenewYou could be good for your business:
- RenewYou, our one day course for women, lends itself to organisations wishing to grow their pipeline of women into senior roles. Gender Equality has never been more in the news. Participants have reported a 40% increase in confidence, and in willingness to take up further professional training.
- RenewYou, one day confidence-boosting course for women, gives you something new to offer existing clients and a powerful reason to get back or stay in touch.
- RenewYou can help you find new clients for your business.
- RenewYou can be delivered as an open course i.e. you find a venue and promote it, or in house to your existing clients.
- You can invite clients to an open RenewYou course to introduce them to your new offering and remind them of your other products.
- RenewYou has a track record of success and is used by major organisations like the Police, NHS, Bouygues (a huge French construction company) local government, and News UK
- RenewYou lasts just one day with a booster at 3 months, a bonus for companies who can’t always spare staff for longer training.
- All course participants receive a specially designed RenewYou journal with space for each individual trainer to include their contact details, (and other offers) for follow up contact.
- The journal is designed to stay with the participant for 12 months, meaning you, in effect, are also ‘with them’.
- RenewYou is perfect as a refresher or introduction within organisations that have a women in leadership programme. It sits happily alongside existing initiatives. See here for more information.
- You only pay a one off licensing fee. You then only pay for the costs of journals for your courses and that’s it. No percentage on fees you receive, no updating days. Your costs are fixed.
- You decide what fee to charge, advice is available if you wish.
- You get access to this website and the ability to promote any open courses. (You have your own password.)
- You can put your profile on this website with a link back to your own. (Indeed, we encourage it but it’s your decision if you’d like to do it.)
- You have access to support and marketing information 24 hours a day through your privileged access to the website.
- You get six personal coaching sessions with Jane as part of your licence, tailored to your unique business needs.
- Your licence lasts for 2 years with a very small renewal fee if you wish at the end of that time – no pressure to stay.
- Many organisations want a follow up day which is whatever you decide it is with them, in other words it can lead to follow on work for you.
- It works really well as a basis for ongoing coaching or using personality profiling systems you may be qualified in. ( As part of an MBTI/coaching package, for example).
- Uniquely, it works at every level in business from support staff to executive senior managers.
- Taking the journal (and offering a RenewYou bag or two in any raffles) is a great way of getting attention at local networking events, or when meeting clients. You actually have a physical product to show clients and the journal gets rave reviews.
We Do Business Differently – Be Part of the RenewYou ‘Family’.
Here’s a quote from Laura Mansfield, our very first US trainer:
I knew that Jane’s RenewYou workshop was an amazing program which is why I was so pleased to become her first licensed trainer in the United States. I was confident that the women who attended would be as uplifted and inspired as I was when I went through the program. And I was right. What I didn’t anticipate was the amazing burst of energy and inspiration that I’d receive every time I facilitated the workshop. It’s more than the feedback and good feelings from the group that leave me feeling so enthusiastic. It’s the content of the workshop itself. Each time I deliver the course, I learn something new about myself and come away with new ideas for my business and my life. I return home energized, my mind racing with all sorts of new ideas that I can’t wait to put into practice. It literally takes me a day or two to come down from my mental high. Whether as a trainer or a participant, all I can say is don’t miss RenewYou!
Laura J. Mansfield, New Jersey, USA.
The very first group of 9 RenewYou specialists were licensed in Bristol in March 2013. A lot has happened since then, not least the adding of the ‘secret’ trainers website. Some of the original 9 have stayed with us, and some have moved on to pastures new. All were fabulous women and I am forever grateful to them for their advice and support in our early days. We learned a lot together. Here are a couple of their comments:
“Delighted to be one of the very first trainers licensed… The RenewYou course is well designed and the materials are fab. To my mind there’s something very seductive about the journal format – bite size chunks of inspiration to fit around women’s busy lives.” Felicity Dwyer
“RenewYou is the course I have been looking to deliver for years – it brings together all that I love: personal development, making a positive difference and helping women to succeed – I can’t wait to get started – Thanks, Jane” Jayne Saul-Paterson
What Type of Trainer has Most Success with RenewYou?
We have just completed a comprehensive survey of what makes a successful RenewYou specialist, i.e. one who puts on several courses, gets good feedback, and recoups her initial investment very quickly. Below are some of the factors we’ve identified; if you can answer yes to 6 or more of these points we are very confident that RenewYou will be right for you.
- You are already experienced at delivering courses, preferably in the field of personal development or ‘soft skills’.
- You have an existing client base where you can promote RenewYou, and have thought through how to promote it and use it within your business.
- You have a professional website and it’s regularly updated (i.e. you can post details of RenewYou on it and use that link elsewhere).
- You know how to use social media to promote your business (although we offer help and support with this always.)
- Re above, you will probably be familiar with LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. Its not compulsory but it is a success indicator in our survey.
- You have a feel and understanding for ‘women’s issues’. By which we mean an understanding, not a PhD (!), of some of the current issues women face at work. Lots of material is available on this website if you need a refresher, and if you sign up to the blog you’ll get regular updates.
- You understand the importance of continuous marketing as opposed to selling a specific course and how being visible and credible can boost your success. (Again, this is an area we offer help with and there is lots of information in the trainers website.)
- You work hard on your business, as well as in it, and want to succeed.
- You want to remain independent but also now and again to enjoy on line support. You can dip in an out as you wish.
- Importantly, trainers who run a course within the first two months of becoming licensed go on to have the most success with RenewYou.
“I think the course is AMAZING and I feel really energised about running it.” Patricia Cresswell
And here’s a comment from one of the very first licensed trainers after she had delivered her first course:
“I can warmly recommend the RenewYou Licensing for any trainer who has a genuine commitment to supporting women’s development. The RenewYou course is well designed and supported by the high quality workbook/journal. Jane is incredibly straightforward and fair in her licensing terms, and could not be more supportive in proving advice and encouragement in promoting the programme. An unexpected bonus of becoming a RenewYou licensed trainer has been becoming part of a supportive and encouraging network of other trainers,” Felicity Dwyer
If all that has whetted your appetite please get in touch! I’ll answer all your questions and together we’ll work out whether RenewYou is a good fit for you. There is no hard sell, ever. By the way, we accept BACS, debit & credit cards, and Pay Pal. If you need to pay in instalments, talk to us. We try to do our best for you whenever we can. Trainers outside the UK pay in GBP but Vat will not be added.
If you’d like to hear me being interviewed about RenewYou please click this link. Apologies for the background noise; we were in a BBC bar.
Next Steps: Please email me with the following information: your name & address, your website link, or Linkedin profile, training experience, and how you think RenewYou could benefit your business. Or call on 01761 438749 (you may have to leave a message as we’re just 2 in the office most days). Then we’ll simply have a confidential, no obligation chat. If it’s going to be good for you then it’s good for us, too.
If you’d like to read more on how RenewYou came into being, click here .
PS. I am often asked whether RenewYou is open to transgender women. The course and licensing is open to anyone who identifies as a woman.