A few months ago, at the start of the summer, I launched something new on the Changing People blog. I called it, rather prosaically, Businesswomen Share Their Tips. (Or the old girls network!) To date we’ve had Elaine Clark, an accountant, Zita Alves a fitness expert, Cate Nelson-Shaw, a marketing expert, and Helen Reynolds, an image consultant. A pretty eclectic group.
The idea is that we share some of their experiences with you and build up a resource on the site for all you aspiring businesswomen, or those looking for a career change, as well as being interesting stories to read. Now we’re all back at work following the summer breaks (I hope you had a great one) it seemed a good idea to share the details again. Women helping women, it’s what we’re all about.
What I Need From You (aka The Rules)
If you yourself would like to submit something, please do. Alternatively, share this with any women you know who might be interested. It’d be great to get a really good range of experiences and advice. This is all you need to do:
Please reply to this in the order given as it will make it much easier for us to read. We’re looking for about 500 -700 words.
- You must nominate yourself . Please also tell friends etc but they must make their own nomination to me. This is not time to hide one’s light under a bushel. Be bold!
- Send us an email with heading Woman in Business/Professional Women Nomination.
- Put your full name & address, telephone number, website if you have one, in the email. It’s OK if you’re outside the UK, we have an international readership and really welcome diversity.
- Describe your business/role in one, at most two paragraphs. Try to be both succinct and honest. This is about helping everyone. It’s not an advertisement though, so please don’t just cut n’ paste your advertising copy or give us your J.D.
- Tell us when you began your business/moved into your career field and what prompted you to go into business for yourself, or choose this career. What were you doing beforehand? You get another paragraph for this! I’m so kind…
- List the top three things you’ve learned, tips you’ve been given, or advice you want to share.
- Add a high resolution picture of you, plus a company logo, picture of shop, product, etc if you can. You can link back to your website or your company page.
And that’s it. I look forward to hearing from you!
Speak Up is now available in the click of a keyboard. For women who want to get ahead. More information is here.
Posted on September 18th, 2015 by Jane