“Show me a woman who doesn’t feel guilty and I’ll show you a man”
Tell me now, what presses your guilt button, tick all that apply:
- Working outside the home with kids?
- Not working outside the home with kids?
- Not staying late at work?
- Staying late at work?
- Not taking the time to exercise?
- Taking the time out to exercise?
- Being very career oriented?
- Not being career oriented?
- Not making home made pesto?
- Not knowing that anyone could make home made pesto – it comes in a jar, doesn’t it…?
OK I’ll stop but you get the message. On its own guilt is a pretty useless emotion. Guilt will serve you no purpose whatsoever, except maybe to hold you back or stifle your creativity. Guilt may be giving you a message however, and you may have to listen to that message and take some action.
Take out your guilty secrets and give them a long hard look. In the cold light of day do they really matter? If so, what can you do about them? If there is a remedy try it out. If there isn’t put it back in the dark. If it still niggles at you talk to someone, professional or otherwise. Guilt is like a mushroom; it likes the dark where it grows well. And you know that life is too short but…. in this case, go stuff that mushroom!
Thinking of expanding your training business? I can help you. To find out more, click here.
Picture by Stock Exchange: Lena Povrzenic
Posted on April 4th, 2013 by Jane