Here comes the week! If you have a job you love Mondays are a good day (every day is a good day). If you’re in a role that doesn’t really float your boat, Mondays can be grim, and especially Sunday night.
So here’s a quick tip to revive those spirits.
Resolve to do something positive for yourself and your working life this week. It can be any number of things; the following are just a few ideas:
- Take a proper lunch break
- Park a good distance away, or get off the stop earlier and try a bit of fresh air and walking before you hit the office
- Check out the in house ‘mag’ for any secondment opportunities
- Pick up the phone before using email and initiate a bit of human contact with a fellow worker
- Ask your boss how you can make your role more interesting/take on responsibilities (choose your words carefully!)
- Buy a copy of your ‘trade’ magazine and actually read it.
- See what courses or in house training might be on offer to you
- Join, or update your profile on LinkedIn
- Join, or start a group, on LinkedIn in your area, either geographically or in terms of specialism. I run one on LinkedIn for people interested in Women’s Personal development, for example.
- Sign up with some local employment agencies
Life is too short to hang around in a job you hate, or even one that is just ‘OK’. You deserve more so make a start on getting it.
By the way, a Gallop survey showed that having a best friend at work was a significant factor in how happy people were with their job. Maybe it’s time to find an ally…?
You can download a copy of my guide right now for just £3.99 or $5.99. Click here for more details of When Work isn’t Working
Photo credit: Shared by the equalities network
Posted on November 4th, 2013 by Jane