Even if you don’t make formal New Year resolutions you are probably still thinking about the year ahead and how you’d like it to be- if only because people like me keep talking at you about making resolutions!
It’s in the zeitgeist isn’t it? I’m not necessarily a great fan of having a set of formal resolutions you make in January to feel guilty about in February (!) but I do know that having a reasonably clear idea of where you want to be is half way to arriving there successfully! And the end of one year and the start of another is as good a time as any to reflect.
Dare to Dream
So, even if you are not in resolution making mode, this could still be a good exercise to try:
- Take 10 minutes to yourself, somewhere quiet
- Make yourself comfortable and relaxed
- Close your eyes and just notice how you are breathing
- Notice the rise and fall of each breath for about 10 breaths, this will probably gently slow your breathing
- Think yourself ahead 12 months, imagine you in 12 months time
- Ask yourself the following: What do I look like? What do I feel like? What have I done that has made me feel proud, or satisfied, or fulfilled?
What, if anything, do you need to do in the next 12 months to be fabulous in 2011!
Posted on December 30th, 2010 by Jane